1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI 2 MPEG 2 VCD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by SCSA, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Sefy

Sefy Guest

sharkTECH, let me enhance your advice, why don't you use TMPGEnc - Source Range to encode your movie in two parts instead of cutting it up later ?

2. SCSA

SCSA Member

So how do I do that in TMPGEnc?

3. Sefy

Sefy Guest

4. SCSA

SCSA Member

I checked out your guide, but could not find it. And also when I tried to run TMPGEnc I received the following error message: "This application has failed yo start because MSVCR70.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I have re-installed it loads of times & even downloaded the dll file of the net. Please help Sefy.

5. Sefy

Sefy Guest

6. SCSA

SCSA Member

That's the site I have downloaded the dll file from, after unzipping it & putting it in the TMPGEnc directory, I still receive the message.

Cheers for the URL for that article from your guide.

7. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Put the DLL in your Windows\System folder, not in TMPGEnc folder.

I Hope that section of the guide shows you how to use the Source Range, it will help you alot and save you time splitting a large file later.

8. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Put the DLL in your Windows\System folder, not in TMPGEnc folder.

I Hope that section of the guide shows you how to use the Source Range, it will help you alot and save you time splitting a large file later.

9. SCSA

SCSA Member

Thank's for trying Sefy, but it must be the file as TMPGEnc crashes as well. This only happends when I try to split the file.

10. Sefy

Sefy Guest

I Never give up ;-)
    Does the file you are attempting to encode plays correctly and has no flaws in it ?

You can always try to FrameServe it to TMPGEnc using VirtualDub.

11. Sefy

Sefy Guest

I Never give up ;-)
    Does the file you are attempting to encode plays correctly and has no flaws in it ?

You can always try to FrameServe it to TMPGEnc using VirtualDub.

12. SCSA

SCSA Member

Yes the file plays correctly & has no flaws. So how do I FrameServe it to TMPGEnc using VirtualDub?

13. Sefy

Sefy Guest

14. SCSA

SCSA Member

I can't find the vobsub_vd.vdf file. I've looked in the VirtualDub folder & the TMPGEnc folder. Where is it?

15. Sefy

Sefy Guest

That is a plugin that VobSub installs! basicly you can skip that part, it's just for Subtitles, what I wanted you to look is how to setup and make the FrameServing with VirtualDub.

16. SCSA

SCSA Member

Sorry to be a pain Sefy, but I don't understand your guide. I got as far as saving it has a .vdr file, then you've lost me. Help.

17. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Actually you got very far! basicly you've finished the VirtualDub step, after you save the VDR, you keep VirtualDub running, and you open your Encoding program (TMPGEnc for example) and you load the VDR as the Video Source, and the WAV as the Audio Source and you encode or set it up as you would normaly do.