1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi audio problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tings00, Jul 23, 2007.

1. tings00

tings00 Member

first off let may say this is my first post but i have read quite a few on here that have helped me with a lot of issues. i hope i dont get flamed but i am a big time noob.

This is my problem. i have downloaded a few thing on bit torrent. a few ufc fights, some computer software, and 2 movies. the movies is where my problems are happening.

i have serached for duplicates and havent been able to find anything like my exact issue. i am just trying to watch the video on my computer via windows media player and the audio is ahead by about 10 seconds. they are coming as an avi file. i thought this just may have been a fluke with the first one but i got the same problem on the 2nd one. i have found posts that deal with this issue after burning it to a dvd but nothing on it happening while on the computer. i am not sure what else you need to know. please help, thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. tings00

tings00 Member

well i figured it out. I did some more reading and downloaded the k-lite codec pack and it now plays fine. I knew about the codecs but i figured if it plays it cant be that. I used their media player that came with the download and it plays great.

AM i going to have problems burning them to dvd? I remember trying that before i downloaded the codec and i had the same problem with the audio. I use nero to burn.

here is the link to the download if anyone needs it:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007