1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi bitrates

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by freeby, Feb 14, 2005.

1. freeby

freeby Member

can anyone help,im new to this game...just downed 2 avi files,problem is they have different audio bitrates,so when i want to join with virtual dub cant get passed first file entry.what can i do?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Rip audio separately.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

As suggestion: use BeSweet, with the same profile selected (e.g. "MP2 for SVCD" or "MP2 for DVD") and the 'downconvert sample rate' selected.
    Then, add the audio to the AVI with VirtualDubMod (Stream__Stream List __ Add/Delete the audio streams you want to have/remove).
    Finally. Save (Video__Direct Stream Copy, please).

4. freeby

freeby Member

thanks guys,i,ll give that a go...i only wish when people split a film they dont make it harder to rejoin after ripping....many thanks.

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I agree. I often add subtitles to the movies, and I find that 'movie-CD1' and 'movie-CD2' are not parts o the same movie split on at an exact frame (e.g.: range (CD1): 0--->F; range(CD2): F+1--->end; F=frame).
    In this case I have to add the subtitle to each part separately, ot the subtitle goes out-of-sync with the movie, going from part1 to part2.
    Once I found that there was a 'lost' part of movie, inside it, 30 seconds long!! (CD1 + CD2 = movie - 30")