1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI consersation to DVD, best way, best tools

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by plan99, Aug 30, 2004.

1. plan99

plan99 Member

I guys

I'm trying to convert a avi to DVD, I use to do it with adobe premiere pro 1.5v, but this avi when I play it in windows media player it only plays the music, I don't see any image. whats wrong with it?

Thanks for your help
    Kind Regards
    plan99

2. ggamer

ggamer Guest

Far easier to search for a respectable guide on google or use any respectable program to do it [possibly nero?!?] then looking in a forum.

3. plan99

plan99 Member

sorry mate i didn't get your message... respectable guide, you want to use nero?

do you understand anything about video edition? nero it's too basic, to automatized, I only want an help to recover the AVI file i'm not looking for help on converting or recording the file to DVD

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i'll make this brief.
    1)avisynth. for frameserving, for filtering.
    2)virtualdub. to look at the filtered result from avisynth
    3)Tmpgencplus 2.5 or CCE for encoding it into mpeg2.

since i don't do dvd authoring, yet. i'm not sure whats good. but i always burn svcd with nero, with the mpeg2 by tmpg.
    nero only provide with the svcd format not encoding.

4)a good knowledge of what will will keep a good video as close to its original

5. plan99

plan99 Member

Thanks guys,

but the areas here I need help is in fixing the avi file or what ever reason the image doesn't apears, please focus on that not the recording issue

6. Braxas

Braxas Member

I had an instance of this with a video file as well. It was an episode of Six Feet Under and while it played perfectly well inside of Nero ShowTime or PowerDVD it wouldn't show video in Zoom Player. Only heard the sound coming through.

What did I do to correct this issue? I used VirtualDubMod and frameserved it out to TMPGEnc v2.5 to convert it to a VCD formatted video. Of course, you can use whatever settings you wish but the conversion of the video to MPEG format worked beautifully for me. I was than able to author it properly over to DVD without any hitches. :)