1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi -- DVD (need help!)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MWA, Nov 7, 2004.

1. MWA

MWA Member

Hi!

I have tried using the guide here on Afterdawn.com in order to convert an avi-movie to DVD-format. But the target movie file is way to big (about 7 GB - the avi-file is 680 MB) even when I set the video birate at its minimum (2000 kbits/sec). What could I do to make it fit on a 4,7 GB DVD+R Media?

2. andyv12

andyv12 Member

what are you using to convert? try a progream called WINAVI to convert avi to dvd much easier, and what are you using it to burn to dvd? another suggestion would be dvd-lab and great program you just used dvd lab with your converted files and burn on disc, let me know how u get on

andy

3. MWA

MWA Member

I'm using TMPGEnc to convert it and DVD Shrink for burning...

4. andyv12

andyv12 Member

dont know anything about tmpeg and why are you using dvd shrink to burn why dont you use nero to burn??

ok try this if u want as it might work as i do it all te time:

grab WINAVI and click on the dvd button and select your avi that u want to convert ( you may want to go into advanced and change to pal or ntsc)

you should have a vob file or 4 doesnt matter how many

no grab a proggy called DVD-LAB 1.3 and place your vob files in there and them you can make menus etc ( use this guide will help you http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd-lab.htm )

now after you have compiled it and got it ready grab a proggy called NERO 6 load up nero express click on dvd video double click on video ts ( should be a red file ) then u want to find your video ts folder that dvd lab created ( should be where choose to compile your movie ) hit ctrl and A to select all teh files click add then burn ( suggest burning 2x less than the disc can write at for quality purposes i normally burn at the lowest speed just to be on the safe side so the movie dont skip or doesnt write properly)

then you should be done lol

if you have any problems or if you just dont understand pm me if your on msn messenger or yahoo im messenegr and i will run you through it

good luck

andy

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004