1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi - DVD Picture too big.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Quesela, May 31, 2007.

1. Quesela

Quesela Member

Hello, I'm not that great at this, so bear with me...

I'm trying to put avi files onto a standard DVD so I can watch them on my TV. I'm using nero Vision 4. Everything encodes and burns fine, but when I play them on my DVD player, the video is too large and travels off the edges of the screen. It's a big problem because they are all subtitled.

The AVI files are 640X480 resolution already and I've tried setting Nero Vision to both automatic and 4:3, neither one works. Under Video Options in Nero Vision, I try adjusting the resolution there, but the only options are 720x480, 704x480, 352x480 and 352x240.

Different video's I've done previously have had the same problem, but to such a minor degree I didn't worry about it?

So does anyone know how I make Nero Vision size it properly for my TV?

2. attar

attar Senior member

To be clear, is this a problem that only applies to videos with hard subtitles that are being cut off by the TV overscan due to the subtitles being burned too close to the edges?
    If that is so, then the answer would be to letterbox the AVI before converting to DVD.
    VirtualDub + Resize filter.
    notice the black border and how the subs are pushed away from the edges.

[​IMG]

3. Quesela

Quesela Member

Thank you :)