1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi - dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ecstatica, Jan 25, 2005.

1. ecstatica

ecstatica Member

i like to use a program called WinAVI Video Converter
    and it does an ok job i guess ( avi - vcd )isnt to good on it but ( avi- dvd ) is good i did an avi file (( 760mb )) to dvd in aorund 25mins .. then around another 25 mins ontop useing nero to burn it ... but it works good and i havnt had a problem with it yet

what programs do u guys use ?
    i also got Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 but i havnt played around with it yet << does anyone know what its like or if its any good >>

2. hersnab

hersnab Member

I use Nero Express to do the whole lot, so does winAVI converter convert .avi files to DVD .vob etc. files? 25 mins is really good. Does it convert .mov and .wmv files also?

3. ecstatica

ecstatica Member

i will list out everything it does ok
    avi - wmv
    vob - wmv
    mpeg - wmv
    wmv - avi
    vob - avi
    mpeg - avi
    avi - dvd
    avi - vcd
    avi - mpeg
    wmv - rm
    vob - rm
    mpeg - rm

and yeah it's not to bad it did an .avi file in to .vob in around 25 mins ... altho like i said b4 the convert to dvd is good .. but the convert to vcd isnt all that good .. the pic is full of block's ect ect

4. hersnab

hersnab Member

Shame no .mov support, I have a rm file I need to convert to either .vob's or better still divx for my player!