1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi file to cd-r problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DrHoffman, Feb 25, 2003.

1. DrHoffman

DrHoffman Guest

hi, i ripped my dvd to my comp, and then convert it to avi file.
    the avi file is 834M, and i have 900M cd-r.
    when using nero with "movie cd" it first convert the avi file (i dont know to what) and then, when it about to start to burn it say that the cd-r is not big enough to burn the file.... how come?

my burner is capable of burning 900M cd-r and i configured nero to over burn, so this is not the problem (i burned 900M cd before).

does any 1 might know what shoudl i do???
    i encoded the movie with 256Kps audio track, could this b the problem???
    10x 4 your help!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What exactly are you tryiong to do?? Do you want to play the movie in a vcd/dvd player?? or just on the computer????

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If your file is stricly AVI (DivX), you can burn as data. I'm not a Nero nut but used to use the program not long ago. Try using another burning application like BurnAtOnce. Be sure NOT to burn any higher than 8x. Did you disable antivirus plug ? File>preferances>uncheck load anti-virus at start up. Set overburn in the expert feature tab folder at 90 min. If you converted to MPEG1, open Nero, close wizard and look to the left for VCD. Be sure create standard compliant cd is ticked, along with NTCS. Click new then drag-n-drop your image and burn at 8x. Follow this same procedure for SVCD, but click SVCD, rather than VCD.

Shoey

BurnAtOnce: http://www.burnatonce.com/index.html