1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi files played on Divx player, WMPlayer, and RealOne Player shows error msgs.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by AngryMan, Feb 15, 2003.

1. AngryMan

AngryMan Member

I downloaded a completed .avi file from a P2P program, but when i try to play it on Divx Player, it shows an error msg about the file, on WMPlayer, it shows a msg askin me to restart it n send a report to their company, RealOne Player also shows an error msg followed by an error on "MMSWITCH.AX".

I already downloaded tons of codecs to make it work but it doesnt. i also re-downloaded the file, but it still wont work. The only program that the file worked on was in VirtualDub. I dont like using this over n over because the video lags at one point n i cant make it play in fullscreen. So please help me. I really dont know what to do next.

2. AngryMan

AngryMan Member

Also...right after i close the error msg box, and closing Divx Player 2, another msg shows up concerning how the player caused a problem on kernell32.dll. what can i do to fix this problem also?

3. spike1050

spike1050 Regular member

the file might be corrupted when opening it in virtualdub try reencodinng it and saving it as an avi file then reinstall windows media player and the movie codecs

4. AngryMan

AngryMan Member

i managed to fix the problems in RealOne, WMPlayer, and Divx. I just re-installed all of them as well as the codecs. The Xvid movies can now play on both RealOne and WMPlayer but not on Divx; how can i make it work on Divx Player? Coz most of my movie files run on that program and i kinda got used to it than on WMP.

RealOne and WMP only has the problem about the MMSWITCH.AX when i play streamed files.