1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi freezing

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by herfy's, Sep 28, 2003.

1. herfy's

herfy's Member

hi every one,i am having heaps of trouble with 1 avi i have.It plays beautifull on my pc but when encode it with tmpenc it the picture freezes 8 minutes from the end but the sound keeps going.i have tried 3 times now and still not.i have put it through divx repair and it comes up fine and i have put it through virtual dub freeze and that program crashes everytime it gets to exactly the same spot close to the end.my next step i will take is to reinstall the freeze program maybe theres a problem there but i doubt it.please has anyone got anymore suggestions.i thought maybe nero maybe able to encode it but i dont know how to do that and the quality is not to good through nero.look forward to hearing from someone.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried frameserving from VirtualDUB to TMPGEnc?

3. herfy's

herfy's Member

thanks dela for replying.i was starting to think that no one may be able to help.i havent tried that and i dont know how to do that.i have run it through virtual dub freeze and it didnt come up with anything at first and then when i tried for the last straw it came up with bad frames and fixed them .but now it freezes in the original avi and the mpg and the sound keeps going.i have also tried divfix but it doesnt pick up anything.so until i hear from you again i will have a look and try again with the virtual dub if i can figure it out.thanks again

4. Dela

OK, in virtualdub go to the area where it freezes and play it, does it freeze?

5. herfy's

herfy's Member

hi again,in the original yes it freezes with blocks all over tyhe screen and an error comes up (error decompressing video frame 187235)and the one that i put through virtual dub freeze froze but no blocks and no error came up but the sound did continue.this is all through virtual dub as you asked.hope to hear from you soon with another step dela.thanks.
    chris

6. Dela

Have you tried to delete the frames with virtualdub? cvause if u can do that u might be able to remove them and then freameserve to tmpgenc with them gone!

7. herfy's

herfy's Member

hi dela agin.thanks for your reply but i am totally lost with that reply.I don't know how to delete frames in virtual dub.and i don't know how to frame serve in tmpeng.so if you have the time your help would be great.also if you might be able to help on this query .I have another avi that i completed downloading and it didnt change from a dat file so now i cant view it or do anything with it.i know when i was downloading it i could view it with avi preview but when it finished it would have normally changed to a media player symbol to watch.any ideas why?

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Deleting Frames with VDub
    1. Open Vdub, open the movie
    2. Press CTRL+G, goto the start point of what you want to cut.
    3. Press HOME
    4. Press CTRL+G, goto the end point of what you want to cut.
    5. Press END
    6. Press DELETE

9. Dela

thnx for taking that one praetor :)

10. herfy's

herfy's Member

thank you for the replie's.i feel stupid and now i understand how to delete frames through virtual dub but when a picture freeze's and the audio is still going how the hell do you know where the end of the frame is to delete,.?I guess it is just another project to go into the bin.thanks anyway

11. Dela

just delete like 20 frames, u wont evenm notice it in the output unless ur looking for it!

12. herfy's

herfy's Member

thanks again dela for persisting.i am going to try that today as i have had another avi do that.it just seems to be every divx i download seems to have this problem while encoding.i just don't know why.i never used to have this problem.i'll let you know how i went.

13. herfy's

herfy's Member

well i tried that to and lots of other things to and i had no success.it seems to be when i play the avi in windows media player the video freezes 18 minutes into it and then the audio keeps going but if i fast forward through it and just skip that section and forward through the avi it doesnt freeze.virtual dub came up with 34 bad frames and i tried to fix it then delete the frames and still it freezes.every time i do something through virtual dub it comes up with an error saying error decompressing video frame 278978.may be corrupt data(error code 100).when i open the source file in virtual dub the first thing that pops up says this--- Virtual dub has detected an improper vbr audio encoding in the source avi file and will rewrite the audio header with standard cbr values.then tells me to decompress the entire audio and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder???(bitrate 142.6 32.5kbs.maybe this is of some help to help me.step by step and slowly does it for me but i'm hoping to get it soon.

14. Ra_Havok

Ra_Havok Member

Having the same problem here
    -------------------------------

For a year or 2 I have been downloading movies without any problems and was always able to watch them. But now I have already 3 movies I downloaded, that give me freezing frame with continuous audio. I used divfix, divrepair, divfreeze, ... to try and resolve the problem nothing seems to be working.

VirtualDub doesn't even find any errors in the movie altough my movie freezes. The only thing I did different and may have caused the freezing frames is AVI preview 0.26 alpha. I ran all the three movies through it and all of them got stuck.

Plz in desperate need
    HELP

Greetz Ra_Havok