1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by squewheet, Feb 19, 2007.

1. squewheet

squewheet Member

Ok I Downloaded This Movie. And It Was A Avi File And I Wanna Burn It To A DVD. I Opened The File In WinAVI and converted it to DVD. And Tryed To Burn With Nero but it says the file is to larger for the dvd i'm using. Then I tryed to open up the file in dvd decrypter and burn but that don't work and the same thing goes for dvd shrink. I beleive dvd shrink is not for burning but taking things out ya don't want but back to the problem here. I just can't figure out how to burn the avi file to a dvd. So that I Can View it on my dvd player. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If your player can read DivX movies, simply burn a Data CD (or, if it's a > 700 MB file, burn a Data DVD). Nothing easier.

If your player doesn't read DivX mvies you need to:
    1) puchase a good AVI -> DVD application
    2) learn to use it
    3) make the conversion (usualy half a day) AVI -> DVD MPG (about 4.5 Gb)
    4) author the DVD movie into a DVD (movie.mpg ---> VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.BUP, VTS_01_#.VOB (the sum of the VOBs = size of the MPG; te vOBS are max 1 Gb) + VTS_01.IFO + VTS_01.BUP using an 'authoring' application.
    5) burn the DVD stuff set
    This is not easy at all and, more, is time-consuming and risks to lower the final quality (well the wuality cannot raise. It can only lower or remain identical).

My opinion is that:
    1) the cost of the software +
    2) the difficult to learn everything +
    3) the amount of the time needed
    is greater than the cost of buying a new DVD Player capable to read DivX movies.

You choose. I didn't because I love working on that stuff....

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  3. squewheet

squewheet Member

Thanks For The Help. Like You Said "I Like Working On This Type Of Stuff" But In My Case I Like Working On "Graphics & Webdesign" So If Ya Ever Need Help There You Can Hit Me Up.