1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Movie to ISO

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Iceman135, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Iceman135

Iceman135 Member

Here is my problem. I downloaded a copy of 300 to try to burn to a disk. After about a week, I finally got a great copy to actually stay good on a dvd. I used a bunch of programs such as Winavi, tmpg, DVD Styler, and the list goes on. I finally was messing around with it one day and found that it was converted to a 4.3 GB ISO image. I burned this to a disk using Deep Burner and it works great. I'm just wondering how I did this, and if anyone can tell me a program to download for free to allow me to create a good iso file from and avi movie to be burned to a dvd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Alopex

Alopex Member

IMGBurn is what you want. It enables you to build ISOs out of files on your HDD and then burn them.

It's free too! :)

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Imgburn will only work with DVD compliant video files, not .AVI files.

The .AVI files need to be converted to DVD compliant ones first, then you can use imgburn to create an ISO image (it can also be used to burn the image file to DVD disk as well, DVD decrypter will also burn ISO image files to disk an it's also free).

To convert .avi files to DVD compliant ones try using avi2dvd (free)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd.cfm

imgburn
    http://www.imgburn.com/

4. Alopex

Alopex Member

Ah right, my bad. Not a frequent user of IMGBurn myself.