1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi movies converted to dvd-burned disks come out blank-help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kkatarina, Oct 8, 2009.

1. kkatarina

kkatarina Member

all downloaded avi movies that i convert to dvds come out blank, even though software says completed successfully. i put avi movie in dvd flick to change to dvd files. i tried it 2 ways: changed to video ts files, then put in dvd shrink to make iso file then burned in image burn to verbatim dvd-r disk. blank. then tried having dvd flick change directly to iso file to burn in image burn afterward. blank. the files are on my pc with the right amount of gigabytes, but on the final disk, nothing-0 gb. have done this with different movies. all other movies burn, just can't burn those that are downloaded avi files. i have never been able to burn an avi to a dvd disk. my burner is fine. must be an issue with the conversion of avi to dvd. help please.

2. attar

attar Senior member

These are the files output by FVD Flick?
    Do they playback on the PC, ok?

If you explore the burned disk, there is no VIDEO_TS folder?

Post the ImgBurn log of the burn (EZ Picker screen > Help > ImgBurn Logs)

[​IMG]

3. kkatarina

kkatarina Member

yes, the dvd flick output video ts files are on my pc and can be played back on my pc. image burn appears to be burning it successfully to disk, but then the disk is empty in the end. and i repeat, this is the case only with files that start out as avi, all others burn great. there are no folders on the burned disk, empty.

4. attar

attar Senior member

If you insert that disk into ImgBurn, click the 'Device' tab will it show the disk status as empty and list the entire space as available.
    If you then drag any data file onto the window, it will burn it without issue?

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

When you burn the image, make sure you don't have the "test mode" in ImgBurn checked...

6. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

I have almost like this problem...
    I downloaded some avi files. They are PERFECTLY playing on computer but when I burned then to DVD, some of them are NOT plyable on DVD player. The player is GOOD for watching AVI movies but sometimes I have this problem. The movies are NOT even showing on dvd. Same thing with playing these DVD's on PS3 but at least the menu is saying that the files are corrupted, ... but still they are perfectly playing on computer. I'm just wondering if there is some problem with files? different codec or resolution or ...
    Please advise.
    Thanks,

7. kkatarina

kkatarina Member

yes, image burn will show the disk as empty if i put it back in it, and it will burn other data on it without a problem. and i do not have test mode checked to on; it is in burn mode definitely.

8. attar

attar Senior member

9. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

But it looks like the ImgBurn is working only for VOB files. And actually DVDRipper is almost the same. Anyway, ... what about AVI files? How to burn them?
    Thanks,

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

About the AVI files...do you want to play them in a Divx player, or want to convert them to a DVD Video to play in any standalone player?

11. croline

croline Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  12. scum101

scum101 Guest

imgburn latest version is working flawlessly .. just tested on a repair that's going out the door in 10 minutes.

I'm totally confused where this thread has got to.. because something isn't happening.. dvd-flick will output an iso though there is no need as a video_ts directory burned on the root of a dvd as a data disk works just fine.. and imgburn in build mode will sort that out anyway..

stop.. take a deep breath.. and start over..

exactly what are you doing.. every step..

13. croline

croline Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  14. jony218

jony218 Guest

make sure the burner is is finalizing your dvd, and not setup as multisession.

The other problem about the dvd playing fine on the computer but not on the dvdplayer, make sure you process your dvd to correct region. I've encounter the same problem where I made a dvd for PAL by accident but my dvdplayer only plays NTSC. Most computer software players will play both PAL or NTSC with no problem.