1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi mpeg audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pro`noob, Mar 18, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

i know its something that coms up a lot but i was wondering what is the reason that audio usually goes out of line with converting from avi to mpeg?

i know it can be fixed but i was wondering what is the cause of this in the 1st place?

i get it using nero recode and a few other programs too.

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

the main reason why audio and video go out of sync during the encoding process is because of corrupt frames in the source file. another reason is that you may be using an encoder that cant convert compressed audio properly(i.e tmpgenc), choosing the wrong framerate for your source file can sometimes lead to sync problems with the output as well.

btw, dont use nero for encoding, its not in any way a good encoder, in fact its probably one of the worst in terms of quality and stability, the nero encoder itself may be causing sync problems, its a buggy P.O.S which id stay well clear of, use it to burn cds/dvds and thats it.