1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi/mpg to DVD-R problems !

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by b16blakk, Jun 25, 2004.

1. b16blakk

b16blakk Guest

i know that there are plenty of guides on this site, but i just wanna make sure that they work, can u guys tell me of a guide that i can use to convert vcd/svcd to dvd-r...that you have used and workz fine...also, is there a way to get all of the codecs that i need in 1 pack, and is there a way to figure out if your codecz are corrupted or anything like dat

2. b16blakk

b16blakk Guest

i had already converted one movie to dvd-r using tmpegenc but when i go back to it...it now says file is unsupported...please help

3. applemac

applemac Member

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

As to codecs you want this one : http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/xvid.cfm

And a good DivX one & that'll probably do ya ... is all I have on my machine [no problems here]

The way I encode mpg/avi file to DVD-R is thus:
    [bold]MainConcept MPEG Encoder
    TMPGenc DVD Author
    Nero 6 Ultra[/bold]

[TMPGenc DVD Author will actually burn your VIDEO_TS but I prefer to use Nero for burn , and if too large after encoding you can shrink w/ DVD2One or the likes].

5. mrbean666

mrbean666 Member

I followed this guide (see link below) to transfor my AVI to DVD+RW but after following the instructions to the letter, the video I created does not have any sound. Luckily, I used a re-writeable disc so at least I didn't lose a whole disc. http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

I had all the required codecs as the AVI played quite well on my system.

What could have gone wrong?