1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.avi >> .mpg >> .vob?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by UseLess, Sep 19, 2002.

1. UseLess

UseLess Member

I have converted a .avi file to .mpg, now can i convert the .mpg to .vob? If so, how, and with what program?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

DVD authoring software -- all of them are commercial. DVDIt, myDVD, Maestro, Scenarist, ULead DVD Studio, etc..

3. UseLess

UseLess Member

By commercial, you mean i have to pay for it, right? DAMN, i already bought Nero because i was told by the salesman that it would do it! That lying bastard!

Thanks for your help. I downloaded Maestro, but i guess the trial version doesn't let you do it. All i could do was make a damn layout, or something like that.

4. UseLess

UseLess Member

Son of a ..... I downloaded Ulead DVD Studio, and when i tried to author a movie that i converted to .mpeg, it said that it is not dvd compliant. What the hell does that mean? Can someone help me here.

5. dRD

Yeah, MPEGs need to be encoded with very specific specs when you encode them. Resolution either 720x480/576, 704x480/576, 352x480/576 or 352x240/288, audio in either MP2, AC3, LPCM or DS2.0, bitrate max 10.8MBit/sec, etc...

6. UseLess

UseLess Member

Thanks. I really didn't know what i was getting myself into when i bought this thing. I thought i would just be able to put a dvd in and burn away! Hopefully they come out with software that makes it easier(and faster) down the road

7. cocoE

cocoE Member

Have you tryied TMPGEnc? I think that will do.

8. dRD

cocoE: It can encode, not author. But to mention: latest IFOEdit supports basic DVD authoring as well, so there is finally a FREE solution for DVD authoring as well.