1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI or MPEG to VOB and then Aspect ratio software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Homer_J2, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Homer_J2

Homer_J2 Member

Hello all,

First let me say this. I'm not looking for a DVD burning program. So before I get a bunch of replies for something I'm not asking for... All I am looking for is a program that can convert an avi/mpeg to dvd structured files and leaves it alone on my harddrive. I use DVD Shrink and ImgBurn to do the rest. They are the best as far as I am concerned. It doesn't have to be freeware either. If it's a good program, I'm more than willing to pay for it.

I used to use WinAVI and it seemed like a real good program for a long time but now all it does is crash. I have two Dell's (yeah, I know) and it crashes on both of them. I'm thinking it's the MicroSuct updates and hotfixes but I'm not sure. I also purchased AVIMedia tools and found that it takes over 4 hours to process a movie and it has a little pixelation on the screen edges which burns to the DVD and pretty much makes it junk. I contacted the manufacturer and they said they had never seen that problem before. How about that, 6.5 billion people on this planet and it has only happened to me. Man do I feel special. Plus it tries to burn it to DVD and like I said...

The other software I'm looking for is anything that will let me change the aspect ratio of a video. I hate widescreen pictures and need to be able to change that. I convert a lot of movies to Ipaq size and DVD Catalyst is the best for it because it allows you to crop/resize the picture plus it's fast, real fast. But after a conversation with the developer yesterday I found that he is not going to do any software for anything other than that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd2 will do a great job of converting your files

3. Homer_J2

Homer_J2 Member

Thanks RD,

You're right. It does a great job and it's fast. $40.00 is not too bad.
    That's one down.

Anyone with aspect ratio software?