1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Play Problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by batgirl, Sep 3, 2002.

1. batgirl

batgirl Member

I have searched the forums and message boards for a fix to my problem and have downloaded everything suggested ACEMCP, VirtualDub, TMPGEnc....here's my problem

I can't see video or audio for .avi movies How can I play it on my PC, with what media player? and then if it plays, what do I use to convert it to MPEG and then burn to SVCD?

Thanks

2. UncleSean

UncleSean Member

depending on where and how you download you'r avi vids from would be sothing to do with it. I had the same problem but only took me months to get my computer to play .avi. Microsoft offer patches to play avi but the best possible advice would be to download. or if you already have kazzaa search through software for avi players. One recomended player is the Playa by divx. plays all avi and is worth while checking out this reply is not bull shit and still having probs just send in your stuff and i'll sort it out for you.

3. batgirl

batgirl Member

Thanks for you advice...Uncle Sean. I download Divx Player 2.0 and played the .avi files but they were junk. I burning my first movie to CDR so hopefully it will work...