1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by powerdup, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

HI,

i recently encoded a 90 min dvd with divx 5.03 pro (adware v.) using the following tools: smartripper,dvd2avi,dvtool,cdex,virtualdub(latest v.), and vfapi.

the stats i got with dvd2avi are videotype: film, frame type: progressive, aspect ratio:16:9 and frame rate: 29.97 fps.

i set everything up for virtual dub and in the compression options i chose divx 5.03 codec and selected 1-pass with an encoding bitrate of 1660 at 4mbps. mpeg 4 tools: option i chose was bidirectional encoding. after this i went into video menu and chose frame rate and in the IVTC section i selected: reconstruct from fields adaptive.

I went into filters option and resized my video to 640x360 and in filter mode list i chose: precise bicubic (A= -0.75) Cropped video to 640x288 and finally, encoded it. file size was at 1.5 GB so i cut out credits to make it slightly smaller. finally i split the file into two parts. First part of movie is perfect, no video or audio problems...second part is another story; about 17 mins. into it video quality dropped dramatically, i mean really really really bad until about 2 min near ending when it went back to normal.

questions: wth happened, what did i do wrong and are there any solutions to this problem.
    any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.