1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Accolade, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Accolade

Accolade Member

First off, I have read through all the FAQ's I can find and and seemed to have run out of roads to go down.

I have an AVI that I wanted to burn on a DVD. I read the guide and used TMPGEnc to encode it. But I didnt get a *.m2v file but rather just a *.mpg. I recently burned a DVD using DVDshrink but the file was a *.img. So I guess to cut to the point, is there a way to convert either my AVI or my MPEG to an ISO? If i could then I could just use DVDshrink to easily burn it. Also, why did I get a .mpg and not an .m2v from TMPGEnc?

I'm sure I'm leaving something out as I always forget to include some needed detail.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

http://www.vso-software.fr/ dowload divxToDVD (free)

I burn with shrink/nero uncompressed, re-author with the same.

best of luck

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  3. Accolade

Accolade Member

thx, i'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

4. Accolade

Accolade Member

Just wanted to let you and others know, that program was exactly what I was looking for. It converted my avi files into vob files in about 2 hours and then I burned them using DVD Shrink. Total process maybe 2 and a half hours per movie which is great. Thanks again.