1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.Avi size in Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Elder2006, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Elder2006

Elder2006 Member

A slight explanation is in order. I have an older machine with an LG DvD burner the enclosed software was NeoDVDplus5. I have a new machine with a Lite-On the enclosed software is Nero 6. I have been reading the forms for the past few days and I cannot find a similar thread although I did what was suggested ie. clean and install the Nero 6.6.018 & NVE. Here is the problem. When I import .avi files into nero it will only allow me to burn half the files that NeoDVD will allow. I have 20 episodes on a storage drive I can burn 7, 43 min episodes on the older computer with the setting at "Good": 3 episodes with the setting at "Better": 2 episode with the setting at "Best". Now I remove the storage drive and plug it into the New machine so that I have the same files available in Nero...with the lowest settings I can only get 4 episodes on one DVD. If you are wondering why I would just not use the old machine to burn it is because it does not support duel layer, my ultimate goal is to get 14 episodes on a duel layer DVD. I do not care about quality I just want to watch my episodes on my portable dvd player at camp. If you have any suggestions or know of a guide that I can follow it would be appriciated...I am really old and it takes a long time to understand the settings ect. I have to go step by step or over the phone with my great-grandson so please be as specific as you can.

2. kibblz

kibblz Member

You have a grandson and you're going to camp?! Whoa dude. Sry for getting your hopes up and thinkin someone actually responded with some help :( Buh seriously, whoa.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@kibblz, If you dont have anything to contribute to this thread then DONT REPLY.

4. kibblz

kibblz Member

No need for caps mr addict

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@ kibblz, I have reported your childish behavour to the mods for their consideration.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

kibblz

You're behavior just got you a week temporary ban. When you come back you better have found some manners because if you haven't you'll be shown the door permanently.

If you rejoin before your ban is up you'll be permanently deactivated.