1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Subtitler problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by zoolu, Aug 9, 2003.

1. zoolu

zoolu Member

I'm a newebie to subtitling - and so I downloaded a program called AVI Subtitler.
    After browsing for the video file and the subtitle file I clicked the button which is supposed to make a subtitled *.avi file. But instead it just made a ~380k file that doesn't even work.
    Does anyone know how to deal with this problem or of another program I can use to make subtitled AVIs?
    Thanks

2. zoolu

zoolu Member

well, I guess noone knows the AVISubtitler prgram - but never mind, I found a really good guide to permanently-subtitling DivX movies that even keeps a pretty good quality of the image itself.

3. qjj

qjj Member

I am looking for the same info. Could you please tell me about that guide too?

4. zoolu

zoolu Member

No problem. This is the link to the guide:

http://www.divxland.org/permanentsubtitling.htm

It has links to all needed programs' download page and it is really easy. The only thing is that it takes about three hours to recompress the video file to a subtitled file.
    And then, if you want to turn it to VCD(MPEG1) you can use Panasonic MPEG1. The guide for this one is here:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/panasonic.htm#settings

The VCD encoding takes about 6 hours.
    Good luck with the subtitling...and one more thing - if you want to take one format subtitle file and to turn it to another I recommand S2S (Sub2SSA)
    If you make subtitles with that guide above you need *.SSA files.