1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd....burning coasters 60% of the time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by n00b711, Feb 10, 2005.

1. n00b711

n00b711 Member

I am encoding (think that's the term) avi's to dvd or vob files with dvdsanta or winavi. The vob, ifo and bup files are there and when i open the vob files power dvd plays the movie. I am assuming that the encoding is correct. I then burn using nero's dvd-video. I put the files in the video_ts folder and burn. most of the time it works. but majority of the times i make coasters. my dvd player will say no play. But i would say half of the ones that don't work will auto start in my dvd rom drive. the other half i have to open the file and it will play. My question is am i doing anyting wrong. or are there files that just don't let you encode or burn to dvd?

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Here's what I do in the software link at the top of the page under DVD tools, you will find DivxToDVD there-in you will find a [free] conversion tool, that also works on other formats inc' AVI, it's a very easy to use tool,
    after the conversion I burn with a 'shrink/nero' combination. (no compression)

good luck gringle