1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD fails; GSpot crashes!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by cavepunk, Apr 19, 2007.

1. cavepunk

cavepunk Member

Hi there!

Been browsing your site - it's spiffy! - but couldn't find the answer I was looking for so I hope I'm posting this in the right forum...

I'm suddenly having problems burning my AVI files to DVD+R. I think the trouble started after downloading and experimenting with some of the burning software out there. Now Nero just produces coasters and, when using the other programs, I get discs with jumpy unsynchronised footage that stalls ten or twenty minutes in. I currently have installed several programs - including Alcohol 120, Iso Commander, MagicISO, AVI2DVD, Total Video Converter, Convert XtoDVD, WinAV Converter, DVD Flick... and more! - and I wonder if having so many programs could be causing a conflict.

Since then I've also had problems with GSpot, which now crashes while rendering any file. I have FFDshow installed along with the DivX bundle and Xvid and I'm at a loss as to what it going wrong. Could I have too many codecs which could be conflicting with each other?

I'm considering using System Restore to restore to an earlier stable system but I'd like to try other options first. Anyone any ideas?

My computer runs Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and I'm using Nero version 6...

Thanks in advance for your help!

jay

2. attar

attar Senior member

GSpot crashing while rendering suggests to me that there is a codec problem.
    If you are lucky enough to have a usable restore point from a time when things worked then I would use it