1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI TO DVD, FPS QUESTION

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by speedman, Sep 15, 2004.

1. speedman

speedman Member

HI GUYS:)

i finally downloaded Fight Club my favorite movie and i want it to make a DVD from it becouse i cant find it anywhere in Croatian to buy, i was looking forward to this a long time ago...
    Now that you know how much this means to me (LOL) ill get to the point: i use Gordian Knot(Gknot) and Cinema Craft Encoder(CCE) for encoding the movie, for audio i use something else, but thats not the problem, problem is that when i load the file with CCE that i made with Gknot i get this error:

"frame rate 25/2 is not supported, supported are 23, 25, 29...."

AVIcodec for video writes:
    Video:393 MB,413 Kbps, 12.500 fps, 720*336 (2.21:1), DIV3 = DivX v3 ;-) MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), Supported

what shall i do, looks like the problem is FPS, do you recommend me to try changing the AVI file in VirtualDub so that new FPS is 29, i know how to do that but it takes me a lot of time so im opened to suggestion

THX

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

since i don't do PAL conversion, i'm not very sure.

PAL usually is 25fps.
    from there i would use avisynth and slow down the video and audio using assume fps to 23.96fps.
    from there using tmpgenc encode with 3:2 pulldown tag.
    or use dopulldown application to put the tag. that will make it to play at 29.967fps.

what you have is 12.5 which is half of the frame rate. for that i would add duplicate frame.
    i'll post the way to do this later, cause i'm not sure myself :)

craotia don't use PAL ?
    if the video looks funny that means you need to resize to NTSC size.

3. speedman

speedman Member

i get all that, but how do i duplicate the frames, or any of this thing you say? is there a guide? can you lead me through the process? what program do i use?
    sorry for questions but im new at this
    THX in advance