1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD in widescreen please, NOT 4:3!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bucketboy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. bucketboy

bucketboy Member

Apologies if this has been covered before but.....

I have a widescreen avi file I created in Premiere and I want to burn it to DVD with a simple menu system. OK so far.

Only problem is the avi file is in widescreen and the DVD menu apps I'm using convert it to 4:3. I don't want 4:3, I want both the menu and the movie in 16:9.

Any (free) apps out there that will allow me to build and burn a DVD retaining my widescreen?

So far I've used MyDVD and Ulead DVD Movie Factory. Both are proving inflexible but they are either free or have a 30 trial feature.

Any help appreciated!

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Do you have Nero? NeroVision Express could do this for you. It should recognize the widescreen format, but you can manually select it just to be sure. And it has widescreen backgrounds for menus.

3. bucketboy

bucketboy Member

Thanks bazilla - i'll go check this out.

4. bucketboy

bucketboy Member

Vision Express cost cash money and even though I have Nero Ultra I can't seem to get Vision Express to display the necessary menu options to "create a DVD menu".

Any other suggestions for freebie software that can handle my widescreen avi file?