1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd in WINAVI audio out of sync!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ericy5150, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ericy5150

ericy5150 Member

I got the first 24 episodes of "24" which are in avi format at 399mb apiece. I used WINAVI to convert 4 episodes at a time to DVD, but after conversion the audio is a few seconds out of sync with the video. Are there settings I should adjust to sync these up?..everything is set to "auto" right now/ I'm using the newest version of WINAVI. Thanks!!

2. JayT78

JayT78 Guest

I am having the same problem converting the first two episodes of 24 series 4. They are Xvid files, about 360Mb-45mins each. I have tried it with a Pal target format i get a 1-2 seconds audio delay, and with NTSC format which starts fine and then gradually gets further and further out of sync, this is on a stand-alone player. Also to get sound i have to set it to PCM instead of Bitstream to get sound. I use WINavi to convert the Xvid to Mpeg2, then TMPGEnc DVD author, which gives me an error message saying the video bitrate is to high, even tho in Avicodec its says its well within the range.
    Im going to try TMPGEnc plus to convert it instead to see if i get the same results.
    Any help please would be great!!

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  4. JayT78

JayT78 Guest

Im going to try converting it to Mpeg1 instead Mpeg2 with Winavi, i have used this method before and have had very few errors. Doing it this way i dont get the error message in TMPGEnc Dvd author saying the bitrate is to high. Do i have to lower the resolution from 720x480 (NTSC), using mpeg1 even though i will be writing to DVD.

Do you think i should just leave WinAvi alone then? Just use TMPGEnc to convert, then TMPGEnc Dvd author to Create the menu's, write the TS folders then burn the disk?

5. Kel217

Kel217 Member

I get the exact same problem when converting with winavi. There is an audio delay. It's about 3-5 seconds and slowly gets more. Also there is a video bitrate problem being too high even though it seems right. I used tmpgenc instead and works fine and used tmpgenc dvd author to burn. Works great but converting using tmpgenc to mpg2 takes 45min for me and winavi takes 12min. Too bad i don't know how to fix this.

6. theyseeAL

theyseeAL Member

JayT78...

if you figure out how to add your files of 24 on a DVD can you post what you did and if it worked???

i am having the same problem and i am a fan of 24...

thanks...

;)