1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi to dvd , major problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dannyv123, Jan 11, 2005.

1. dannyv123

dannyv123 Member

Ok guys, this one is confusing, please bear with me.
    First of all I would like to know what is the easiest way to burn a dvd from and .avi file, what are the least steps i can take to do this.

Also let me explain what is happeneing to me.
    first i convertied from .avi to mpeg using tmpgenc.
    I dont even know if i converted to the right mpeg, actually i tried mpeg 1 and 2 but maybe i had the settings wrong or soemthing.
    then i download cucusoft burner trial and i tried to put the mpeg file in there to burn to dvd and it says invalid mpeg or something like that. I tried for 4 days to figure this out on my own and cant do it.
    please tell me what do do, i will start all over again if i have to but i need very specific directions on what to do.

Heres a list of what programs i have.

tmpgenc plus 2.5, dont have dvd author
    cucosuft mpeg converter and trial burner
    nero 6.6 or something like that
    dvdxcopy
    dvd santa
    dvd wizard pro

please give me to most simplest steps to do to burn to dvd, i dont even know what a dvd author is and do i need it?
    also tell me if i did the right thing when i converted to mpeg 1 and 2, one of them has to be right, maybe its the burner that im using, i dont know please help me.

i will be very greatful for everyones help.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Read http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm .

My opinion is: making a DVD from an AVI is useless (even if this point of view isn't much popular): since the quality has already been ruined by the AVI compression, making a VCD from an AVI is more than enough. I prefer VCD to SVCD for the same 'quality' reasons and because 1 CD = 50' SVCD = 80 VCD.