1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI TO DVD or similar

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by eduardofi, Nov 6, 2002.

1. eduardofi

eduardofi Guest

Hi folks, i'm new in this and i need some orientation please :( .. i've downloaded from kazaa Star Wars in .avi format. I have a toshiba DVD Player. I would like to convert the .avi file in a dvd format that doesn't take too much space and with an excelent quality. I don't know if i have to convert the .avi file into .mpeg2 or divx or what.. but i would like to play it in my DVD player with the quality of a dvd movie. Sorry for my english, i'm doing my best. Thanks a lot whoever help me on this

2. JLP

JLP Member

If you have a DVD writer, you must encode your AVI in MPEG2 (LSX, Matrox Converter, Ulead DVD Movie Factory...) before authoring and then burning.
    If your have a CD writer, see excellent articles of this site on VCD and SVCD...

3. doc5150

doc5150 Member

I also have downloaded 4,5,6 and made them into DVDs.I used TMPEG to convert to mpeg2.Just open tmpeg pick dvd(pal or ntsc),cbr,4:3source,click advanced,set to 16:9,set aspect ratio to full screen(keep aspect ratio),you will be able to set your end file size to whatever you want.

Pick your Dir. you want to save in,uncheck begin encoding immeadiatly,click next,click on file,preview,press play to see if the aspect ratio is correct. If everthing looks ok,start encoding.Depending on the file size you chose,it will take a couple of hours.

I then used spruce to make into vobs(title set)
    then burned with nero.

I'm writing this off the top of my head,so I mayhave missed a step.

doing RETUN OF THE JEDI now,Having audio sync problem half way through the movie where theres a section of garbled vidio that seems to throw the audio out of sync. But the other 2 came out great.

Hope that helps.