1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD problem

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jml1964, Dec 23, 2004.

1. jml1964

jml1964 Member

I used the guide to convert an avi file to dvd, all went well except the audio_ts and video_ts folders were empty. In the root folder I used for the conversion, along with the various test passes and log files were the audio (in wav) format, and video (in mpv format), both of which played fine in bsplayer. I was expecting the audio and video files to be in the audio_ts and video_ts folders for burning to dvd, yet those files aren't there??? Just the (4 gig) .mpv video file and audio wav file in the main folder. Did I miss a step? I used DVD2SVCD and TMPGEnc for the conversion and followed the guide to the letter. I'm very happy with the quality of the output, just not the format. I did leave ISO image unticked, as that seemed optional in the guide, should I have left it ticked? After 4 hrs of conversion, it left me ticked! Thanks in advance to any help.

2. jml1964

jml1964 Member

Ok, a little more info:
    Executing DVDAuthor. Commandline:
    "C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\dvdauthor.exe" -x "C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\DVD Encoding folder\DVDAuthor.xml"
    DVDAuthor failed for unknown reasons!
    For details open: "C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\DVD Encoding folder\DVDAuthor_log.txt"

I opened DVDAuthor_log.txt and it is looking for a different filename than the one created (by TMPGEnc). What's the deal? anyone?