1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd problems

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by aaron11, Feb 1, 2005.

1. aaron11

aaron11 Member

I have sonic my dvd and the other day for the first time burned with it. I have a movie that came in mpeg format. It burned flawlessly with menus and its about 700 to 800 mbs. Well i figured i could just convert all my movies to mpeg now and they would work fine. So i have been using cucusoft to convert them (which takes about 6-8 hours depending on movie size). I have tried again and again and for some reason it will not burn the converted movie because of the large size. The movies turn out to be like 6 or 7 gigs. So i figured it was the converter so i started using all kinds of converters including ImToo 3GP Video converter. None of them will work. The movies all turn out to be a little to big or the mpeg wont work at all. What do i need to do? Tell me the software i need to get. I have tons of movies all in i guess avi format(they all say "video file" under them). I am a noob at this stuff so plz just tell me the software i need to get and what to do. All these movies are around 800 mbs or a gig.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

If they're too big, convert all your movies as you have been, then get DVDShrink and shrink them all to fit.
    This is only a workaround, and not really a recommended practice.
    You said you burned one 700-800 MB. What a waste. You have 3/4 (or more) of blank space on that dvd.
    You should learn how to use an encoder to produce a compliant mpeg, and how to author that mpeg to disk, to get much better results.
    As much as I despise cucusoft, I think it does have settings for bitrate, fps, aspect and such.
    Learn how to use them.
    There are too many guides on the internet for this to count.
    I would start here: http://members.dodo.net.au/~jimmalenko/AVI2DVD.htm