1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd using DIKO

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sfcausa, Jul 10, 2005.

1. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I'm thinkin that the whole idea of DIKO..is to shrink,or convert[which ever] into a file small enough to fit on a CD instead of converting it to DVD which is a helluva lot bigger.the average KVCD that I've D/L has been around 750 to about 825 megs.I have been very impressed with the quality,although it is still a little behind AVI's,Divx,Xvid
    Now considering its in mpeg,useing DVD LAB Adding multiple files.Also U can just drag it[KVCD] into TMPGEncDVD & IT WILL MAKE A DVD with about the same size as U started with.This also gives U the option of putting multiple movies on one DVD..Just how many movies U can get on one DVD..With very decent quality,thats about 4 to 5 movies
    Personaly I prefer not to have to convert..I like the idea of being able to play AVI's or KVCD's on my DVD Players in about 10 mins to burn,instead of converting for a couple of hrs

2. Hylgard

Hylgard Member

Diko stands for "Divx in/Kvcd out" it used to make Kvcd file from Avi/Divx You can use it to make Kdvd's though