1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cafenoir, Feb 22, 2005.

1. cafenoir

cafenoir Member

I'm having problems converting .avi file into DVD format.. I want to view my .avi movies on my DVD player.. I was able to convert .avi file into .mpeg file but don't know how to create DVD folder so that I can burn it onto a blank DVD.. Please help..

2. friktion

friktion Member

there's a tutorial on the site, just check that out.

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

check out software, top of the page, look for VSO DivxToDVD under DVD tools. Download the free conversion tool or all of it if you like.

{edit} I forgot to add I use DVDshrink/nero in no compression mode to re-author, etc and burn to disc.
    gringle [end edit]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005
  4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear cafenoir,
    Kindly note that .avi is sort of like a collective name for movies encoded in different formats. As a result, some programs (e.g. DVDSanta, Nero) can work with certain .avis (but not all) directly without needing to convert them into mpegs. On the other hand, if you have converted the .avis into mpegs, so much the better. Here goes:

1) With DVDSanta: just copy and paste your .avis and mepgs, then burn.

2) With Nero: At Nero StartSmart, click 'dvd', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files', then copy and paste your .avis or mpegs and follow the lead from there.

Please post again if you still have problems.

Happy DVD burning!

5. microbi

microbi Active member

1st avi2svcd
    2nd svcd's to dvd with dvd-lab - menus etc. can be added...