1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVi to DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by conners, Apr 4, 2005.

1. conners

conners Member

when i`m coverting a avi to dvd using nero vision 3, it says i need a mpeg4 or something like that and says install a retail disc or reloaded from the website, i`ve installed it from the website, and entered a serial number, its not a full version but still wont convert avi to dvd, can anyone help me please

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First: sorry we can't. This, because our rule is 'NEVER-ENCODE-MOVIE-FILES-WITN-NERO' for many reasons, one of them is that Nero is a lame encoder. Read some tutorials in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/.

Second: sorry, but a DVD movie is 4.5 GB and an AVI is 500-800 MB. Don't expect a great quality (garbage in = garbage out). If you use a low quality AVI, stick to (S)VCDs.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  3. Webuser

Webuser Member

Use VSO DivxToDVD. Its the easiest encoder I have used, and its quick. The result is a VIDEO_TS folder which can be burned to DVD using Nero. (DVD-Video)

4. conners

conners Member

I`ve done a full intstall of nero reloaded a few times and tried a clean install and still it wont let me convert avi to dvd, it used to but it just stopped the other day, i was using a demo downlaoded and then activated with a serial and now i can only do mpeg to dvd, i use nero because its very easy to use and doesnt take to long. so does anyone know how to get it to let me convert avi to dvd please.

5. Webuser

Webuser Member

As Stated ' Nero is lame for encoding), DONT USE IT.
    Go to www.downloads.com and get DivxToDVD (type it in the search box)
    This is easier than Nero and faster.
    DO NOT USE NERO FOR ENCODING IT IS CRAP