1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI TO DVD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mwr_allen, Jan 27, 2007.

1. mwr_allen

mwr_allen Member

Can anyone tell me why i am having problems with my audio being about 10 seconds faster than my video when i use VSO CONVERTX TO DVD program to convert an AVI movie into DVD format.

Some movies are fine but recently i have been having more problems.

Thank you.

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

Try DVD Flick (excellent freeware avi to DVD) on one of those files and see if you get the same results.

3. mwr_allen

mwr_allen Member

i got better results with dvd flick but the problem came later in the movie.

the avi movie is in 2 parts and when i was using convertx to dvd the problem was in the whole of the second half of the movie and with dvd flick it is only in the last 20 minutes or so.

Thank you.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If you see a delay of a set amount after conversion, try AviMux_Gui. Even though the origonal file may show no delay when played on your pc, AviMux_Gui will show you the delay in ms: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ Drag your file into the top window, highlight it and select generate data. In the lower window, select audio and any delay will appear in a box to the right. If anything other than 0 shows, select start which lets you name the new file and put it where you want and you'll have a new file to use in aminute or 2. But, this only applies to Avi movies that display a constant delay after conversion.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007