1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to make a VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by youngy97, Mar 16, 2003.

1. youngy97

youngy97 Member

Hi everyone, im hoping you guys can help me alot, i have download several movies that i want on VCD but they download as an avi file and i aint got a clue how to get this to a mpeg to write on CD, Can anyone help? Do i need software? Please help, Dan.

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Why are people still making vcd?? lol SVCD is much better and even if your palyer doesnt support it, you can use a VCD Header trick!

This is what i do all the time

use DVD2SVCD with CCE SP with the following settings

Video: MPEG-2 SVCD, min:300kb/s, average:1600kb/s, max: 2450kb/s 4 pass encoding with 44.1hz 224kb/s audio!

that has very high quality compared to VCD (well of course a lot depends on the avi file obviosly) and you can have 60 minutes on one disk!

4. youngy97

youngy97 Member

Have any of you got msn, aim or icq? i am a total twat and cant do it still, please help me over one of these, post your addys if your willing to help.
    Thanks Dan

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well I have msn but i dont give out my info anymore, had a bit of trouble through it!