1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi to Mpeg encoding ion Nero Vision Express 3 , No sound

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by honsbeek, Mar 18, 2005.

1. honsbeek

honsbeek Member

Hi ,

I have a question about Nero Vision Express 3 , making a DVD !!!

When Making a DVD and putting on AVI files , the program obviously converts the files to fit the DVD movie MPEG 2 format.
    Now the problem is that when the DVD is finished (Image file, or actual burned DVD) there is no sound !!! However there is a Media Program within Nero Vision Express calles Show Time where the sound is heared.

Howcome my dvd compilations don't have sound in any other media Player like Windows Media Player and or Regular DVD players???

Also please recommend a so called DVD player , that supports avi files!!!
    Thank you

Ralph

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

1) Never use Nero to encode movies. There are many reasons for it do do something wrong. Maybe the AVI has an audio stream thet Nero cannot convert. Try to open the AVI VirtualDubMod, then do Stream__Stream list. You'll se the type of stream the AVI has. Maybe you can chech if that sound stream is supported by Nero. Otherwise, re-convert it with BeSweet, if you can extract it.

2) I'm not an expert of hardware...