1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to mpeg -Help please

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mick2, Jan 1, 2003.

1. mick2

mick2 Member

Hi,
    I am very very new to this.
    Could someone please point me in the direction of, or explain to me in a very easy to understand guide. I cant seem to find the correct text in vcd.com to help me. I would like to convert a 700mb or greater Avi movie downloaded from the internet, into a dvd or vcd for playback on a normal dvd player. I have tried to research and believe that I need a TMPGEnc 12a software to start with. I would like the whole movie to be on one disc if this is actually possible. I have seen these movies on one disc for sale.
    Many thanks,

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

For it to be standard for your dvd player then you can't fit it all one one cd. There is a way to do this but it won't be standard http://www.kvcd.net

3. Frostbite

Frostbite Member

yes but isn't the real problem converting to an mpeg in the first place? I have avi's that tmpgnc will not convert into an mpeg, for example, they have compressed audio on them, is there a way of identifying the clips by frame rate or something?

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you have a file with compressed audio sream its easy to uncompress it using VirtualDUB