1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to VCD help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Sazy, May 30, 2007.

1. Sazy

Sazy Member

Ok, Im getting about 10gigs worth of AVI files, and for one, they're encoded in a way my computer can't recognize (I dont have the right Codec) and I want to burn them to Black Discs, and watch them on my home DVD Player (PS2 too be specific) So I was wondering how do I make them a format that I can burn to a VCD that my PS2 will recognize and play? I have Movie Burning software. Its from Sonic and its called "MyDVD" if that helps any. I have some of the software used commonly around here. Like IMGBurn, DVD2ONE, DVDSHRINK, DVDDecrypter, and FIXVTS. But Im not sure if that'll help.

I guess I need to get them to MPEG Layer1 right? Does PS2 recognize that? Because the way I understand VCD is Mepeg Layer1 only. And I dont have any blank DVD's, and have an over abundance of CDs (and dont mind burning alot)

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

I don't think PS2's can even play VCD's? You might check in the PS2 forums.

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I don't have a PS2, so I can't answer much about those. But, you can download a free DivX codec pack and stuff for Windows here:

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

It will allow you to play avi files in your WMP on the PC.

As far as converting avi to dvd or vcd check out the guide here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd.cfm

Fairly easy to follow with the pictures and all. I would use ImgBurn instead of the DVD Decrypter mentioned in the guide. ImgBurn is made by the same guy and has been updated. Probably one of the best free burner programs you can find.