1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to vcd problems 2

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by daemonzx6, Aug 28, 2004.

1. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

I have some avi video files and I want to burn them to vcd. I have tried the tutorial here: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/divx_to_vcd.cfm,
    and it seems to be out of date. I am using a video with AC3 audio and I a trying to use VirtualDubMod to separate the audio stream but the menus seem to have changed since that guide was written. I am using version 1.5.10.1 of VDM and I don't see an audio menu like the guide says I should. Nor do I see a Save Wav option in the file menu like it says. Can anyone help me?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Link to the Guide doesn"t work so I don"t know what method you are useing...
    But if your Guide uses "Tmpgenc" to encode your AVI to Mpeg1/VCD then you don"t need to extract and decode the AC3 audio, You can Just Download and install this AC3 ACM decompressor here:

AC3ACM Decompressor
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

This decompressor will make it so Tmpgenc can read the AC3 audio in the AVI file...

Cheers

PS: to install the AC3 ACM decompressor Just right click the " .inf " file and go to "install"...

Cheers

3. starfield

starfield Member

I finally got my first VCDs made today using VCDGear and Burn at Once. I had no error messages, but both VCDs just freeze at a certain point and there's no way of advancing from there.
    Does anyone know why this happens?

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Thanks for the help Minion. I had already separated the audio and found another converter thing and made a vcd like that, but that AC3ACM decompressor will definitely help for future vcds.