1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.avi using Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by aw56001, Aug 16, 2006.

1. aw56001

aw56001 Member

Many thanks for all the excellent advice. I'm happily burning all my video material on CD to DVD now with no problems whatsoever. I'm using NeroVision Express 3 and I think I had problems at the start because I wasn't selecting burn speed etc from the menus and also I was running the burn with everything still switched on - internet/Norton/Firewall etc.
    The only downside is having to leave the computer for 3 - 3.5 hours whilst the video files recode and then burn which is a bit of a pain but once I've transferred all the CD files to DVD it will just be small data/photo files that I will burn to DVD.
    Thanks again
    aw56001
    PS I'll have another go with them .avi's later this week

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome aw56001
    Good to hear everythings worked out.

Yeah the transcoding can take awhile - depends on the pc specs too - but still longer than doing say a dvd back up.

Happy Burning :)

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this is funny just had to bring it up..lol those who know will understand..lmao

4. binkie7

@cincyrob
    LOL
    No worries :)

5. Ksmitty99

Ksmitty99 Member

I am having a problem just getting one of the .avi's to load in the preview window. I have loaded and burned 25 min shows, but when I try to "add file" with a 45 min show the screen frezees on the hourglasss. I walked away from the machine and gave it some time but it still didn't progress past that initial screen, with the 'next' button never even appearing.
    I am using Vision Express 3, 6.6.0.18, with the mpeg2 plug-in. Would it help if I downloaded those packages 1 and 2? Should I change something with the .avi file? or some option in Nero itself?
    Also do those packages give you access to mpeg4?

-K

6. binkie7

Hi Ksmitty99
    Do the play play okay on the pc? Just nero giving you a problem adding?

Check which version of Vision you have installed. Look in the bottom right hand corner of Smart Start for an icon w/ a flame in it. Click on that - check the version # next to Nero Digital.
    If not 3.1.0.21 update to that one - package 2 from link 2 above.