1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi2audio - how can i ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andyB, Mar 13, 2003.

1. andyB

andyB Member

i can not get my head around seperating audio from the visual. i have succesfuly made a m2v file using tmpgenc ... er wat and how do i use to make a audio file? I have done a wav file .. but if i do then i can`t get my film on to a 4.7gb dvd disc. Is there another way to encode audio? It sounds simple.. maybe its me thats being thick .. help please .. andy

2. isomaster

isomaster Member

ok andy

first off

1)open up virtuadub program
    2)open your avi file in it
    3)set audio to full processing mode
    4)select file>save wav

that will create your wav from video file

5)once you have your wav file open up tmpgenc where it says video add your video then under it put in your wav file under audio

then encode in tmpgenc as usual but b4 you press ok to encode make sure you select

output audio and video as seperate elementary streams

once it finishes encoding you should have

1)movie.m2v
    2)movie.mp2

then rename movie.mp2 to movie.mpa then what i do anyway is

open up ifoedit select>dvd author>put in your video and audio files then it will create your vob,ifo,bup files to then be burned onto a dvd-r

hope that helps

graham

3. andyB

andyB Member

Cheers Graham ... I`m using Nero tp burn my DVD-R .. It does burn onto one disc .. however .. putting in my PC-DVD rom & my stand alone DVD player they both came up with either "DVD has unsupported files, or .. Bad disc" ... any further ideas? or do you think it was a one off bad disc...
    cheers .. andy

4. isomaster

isomaster Member

hi andy

when you author your m2v and mpa (video and audio)files do you get all the correct files e.g.
    something like this

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0,IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

i used nero myself andy and made more coasters than dvd discs lol
    i know use a simple but brilliant dvd burning software called

http://www.copytocd.com/

it's brilliant just select make dvd disc then select where your vob,ifo,bup files are and it burns away no problem

graham

5. andyB

andyB Member

Thanks for the info Graham.
    copyto dvd : when i copy my files into it .. its says theres an error & closed itself? .. but then i can only download the 30 day trial version ...any ideas ??? ... P.s .. the info on how to tranfer stuff has really helped
    andy

6. isomaster

isomaster Member

hi andy dould you give me a list of the files you have and in what order and we'll see where to go from there:)

graham

7. andyB

andyB Member

here`s my list i have been trying to do a dvd with:M2v file . video TS.Bup . VTS_01_0.bup - Vts_01_1.bup - VTS01_1.vob - VTS01_2.vob - VTS01_3.vob - & a c2c file ofcoure with that .mpa file as well

8. isomaster

isomaster Member

hi andy

took a lokk at the files you have and you don't seem to have any ifo files but you do have your m2v and mpa files good

do you have ifoedit at all?

if not - http://www.ifoedit.com/

download the latest ifoedit
    1)on your desktop create a new folder called DVD movies or something
    2)put in that folder 2 other folders called AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS
    3)open up ifoedit select>DVD author>author new dvd>
    4)under video select your m2v file
    5)under audio select your mpa file
    6)at the bottom select your destination as DVD movies>VIDEO_TS folder

then press ok it will noe create your files which should look like this

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0,IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

then you can click on the ifo files and play them with your dvd playing software to check it out
    from there you can use copy to dvd to burn to a blanc dvd-r
    let me know how you go:)

graham

9. andyB

andyB Member

Done evereything you said. All files are present .. They play in win media. When i put it through copytocd . it says file too big for dvd ... Its only a disney movie not that long .. ive got other dvd`s bought from the market .. longer then my movie & they are on 4.7 discs ????

10. andyB

andyB Member

U D A T E : ok redone authoring .. copied files into Video_ts. Hurrah ! it fits on to one DVD .. Plays on the pc internal dvd player BUT alas wont play on the stand alone .. Which plays anything usualy .. mp3 Vcd .. er toast etc.. but when ya place the freshly done dvd in it .. comes up with DVD .. then doesn`t do anything else???? ... Aint i a pain
    Andy

11. isomaster

isomaster Member

lol least were gettin closer to the problem lol.there is one more thing that could be the problem and prodbally is a major factor the brand of dvd-r discs you are using.i have used loads and some play in my playstation 2 and not in my standalones and vice versa the ones im using just now play in both my standalone dvd players but not on the ps2 so i opted to stick with them cos at least they play in the dvd players.the good thing though is you still have your files in the VIDEO_TS folder so when you got different discs you just need to do a burn no more ripping needing done

hope that helps

graham

12. andyB

andyB Member

yip i`m getting there .. many thanks ... So er! this is running before i can walk .. but??? er i have another AVI file .. with Ac3 sound ... uummmm do i use the same method for encoding .. ok ok i know i should concentrate on gettin one dvd done first hehe .. but this has really helped me understand what i`m doing now.. i`m going to try another brand of dvd-r to see if that works ...

13. isomaster

isomaster Member

lol yep good practise makes perfect.is your avi file in xvid format or just divx andy

graham

14. andyB

andyB Member

Ive got two towers in Xvid ??? now why does that sounds like its not goona be easy?
    I also have a Divx movie ... er sounds like i need to buy you some headache tablets?

15. andyB

andyB Member

U P D A T E ... #2 .. Done another DVD of the original movie .. & it still wont play in my standalone DVD player .. even tho i used another dvd brand ??????
    Things aint never easy are they?
    Andy

16. andyB

andyB Member

Just checked my other DVD`s that i have bought & they are also DVD-r ??????? ok back to being bewildered again now??

17. isomaster

isomaster Member

lol don't worry about it lol.andy here is a guide i first started out using it covers everything you need to know about avi 2 dvd including dealing with your ac3 audio movie

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/avi2dvdr.htm

see if that helps any:)

graham

18. andyB

andyB Member

Blimey ! so glad i asked now!!
    thanks for the guide . i`l look at that once i have made my first ever working dvd on my standalone ... not going to run the marathon until i can walk. Thanks for your help tho graham.

Andy

19. isomaster

isomaster Member

no problem Andy hope that it helps ya mind post back when you make your first copy work on your dvd:)

take care

graham

20. andyB

andyB Member

Hi Graham.
    Update: Still no luck in playing stand alone dvd players .. tried three seperate machines & they all start by saying DVD .. then it stops .. it doesn`t seem to recognise above the first file .. it dont see the subfolder etc. gone through 6 discs using all different styles & formats .. to no avail
    cheers Andy