1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI2DVD gives me no choices for "Audiosource"

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by TurboSix, Dec 27, 2005.

1. TurboSix

TurboSix Member

I have an AVI movie that I want to burn to DVD, but nothing comes up for audiosource. I'm pretty sure there should be something, or I'll have a video with no audio right? Do I need a program to create a seperate audio track or something? A guide I was reading for AVI2DVD made it sound like audiosources would just show up in the drop-down menu automatically when you selected which AVI file you wanted to burn. Anyone who can help me?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. 30gipod

30gipod Guest

Yea i have the same question probably from the sime guide to i cant get the audio streams to come up in Avi2DVD either. the files i'm trying to get are .mkv.xvid

3. 30gipod

30gipod Guest

Bump anyone?

4. Joewho

Joewho Member

I'm having the same audio problem with AVI2DVD, I've managed to work out that "audio 1" dropdown is 5.1, but when I attempt to select it, best I can get is a grey panel. When I get to step 5, it says "select audio stream", which the program will not allow me to do! At one stage it was also saying "invalid file", it's now stopped doing this. I have already successfully played the file on DivX Player.Can any tech master out there please help me in simple language?

5. NoRemorse

NoRemorse Member

6. Joewho

Joewho Member

Yep No Remorse, that's the one,Step 1 interface audio dropdown won't acknowledge and Step 5 says,"select audio stream", which Step 1 won't allow you to do.

7. 30gipod

30gipod Guest

I found this on the forum for avi2dvd if you get that message when you open a files that gievs you the warning about file names try putting it in a temp folder in c:

8. Joewho

Joewho Member

Thanks 30gipod, but the only message I get is to beware that my Avi "file/path" does not contain any of a long stream of heiroglyphics, however my file name contains only the name of the movie in clear legible English text, Step 5 still asks me to "choose audio stream", which the program still won't allow me to do. I tried placing the file in a folder on my desktop but that didn't work either.

9. 30gipod

30gipod Guest

I know thats a error not a warning if you click on help in Avi2dvd and go to the forums alot of ppl have this problem and they end up having to create a folder like C:\movie\nameoffile to get it to work thats how i got it to work for me yesterday. It took forever to do a 30min tv show about 2 1/2 hours.

start > my computer > c: > right click > Create new folder > Move or copy Movie files

10. Death1ro

Death1ro Member

Yeah, I had exactly the same problem while not having any of those characters in the filename. Moving the file to another location works!

11. hippie03

hippie03 Guest

what you guys said works except every time i try to start it trys to install a program that i dont have (namely sonic dvd). Help would be appreacited

12. Joewho

Joewho Member

I'm not too sure what's meant by moving the file to another location. I moved it to my desktop,but still coulcn't make it work.

13. 30gipod

30gipod Guest

Ok i dont think you read my whole post but windows puts special characters in it even if its on the desktop. Thats why I said click on the start button then go to my computer then double click on C: drive. Then right click and create a new folder like "Movie" and drag and drop the movie file to that location.

You could also just click help on avi to dvd and go to the forums they have posts that may be able to better explain what i'm talking about

14. Joewho

Joewho Member

Thanks 30gipod,followed your instructions, created a folder called movie (plus name of file) on c drive, dragged and dropped file in. Still no audio stream plus usual warning re heiroglyphics, which weren't coming up anyway,so no success but thanks for trying. "Help" gave me directions to do what I'd already done, but still didn't work.

15. bodeen

bodeen Member

MAKE SURE your file name doesn't have any of the special characters!! A dash (-) or a dot (.) are special characters, characters that are not normally considered 'special'. Take a good look at the list of characters. I had same problem, renamed the file to something simple and audio magically appeared.

good luck.

16. 30gipod

30gipod Guest

That isnt a warning its a error thats telling you that you have special characters in you Movie name or the file name

Make simple names like movie folder then name the movie file movie
    but it has be in your C: folder it has to be a stand alone folder like when you open your folder you have folders like Program Files and My Music WINDOWS file, you have to make a folder in that area.

17. spawny

spawny Member

I had the same problem and ound that i had one of these characters in the PATH to the file. just drop the files into the c: root folder call it c:\DVD or something and call the avi movie1. This is sure to work.

18. mistatt2

mistatt2 Guest

Okay, I use dvdshrink and dvddecrypter, occationally dvd fab decrypter. I'm rather new at this, and THOUGHT I caught on pretty fast. YET..........converting avi and then burning is just NOT working. Is there a new and/or better step by step guide to go from A (avi file) to Z (dvd)??? I'm getting very frustrated. dvd shrink ect. has gone so smooth.