1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi2dvd vs convertxtodvd 4.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pearce88, Nov 25, 2009.

1. pearce88

pearce88 Member

Hi.

I am curious to know which out of these 2 programs is the best. So far, I cant notice a difference in quality.
    But I do notice that from a 700-800 mb avi file, convertxtodvd 4 only produces about 1.5-1.8 gb of movie, where as avi2dvd produces 4.3 gb.
    Does that mean that convertxtodvd is converting to a different format? or it loses quality?

So far I dont notice a difference, I'm just wondering which program is better? I do the convert then I burn with imgburn.

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

If the free one works for you that's what I would use. I use convertx2dvd only because it's the only software that gives me a true 4/3 video (without blackbars).
    On convertx2dvd the default setting (normal quality) will give you a small file, If you use the highest quality setting it will give you a larger file but will also take longer.

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

For me, avi2dvd would take an average of 4hrs to do a movie...IF it would even accept it. Dvd flick had given me about the same results, but within an hour or so. ConvertXtodvd would take within 30 minutes to convert most movies, with very good quality, which is what I was looking for.