1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avid Cinema and uLead MF2 codec compatibility

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by scape, Nov 4, 2003.

1. scape

scape Member

I have a desktop comp, with a Matrox G400 video card and Matrox video capture drivers, running Avid Cinema and uLead Movie Factory 2 under Windows ME. I have also a laptop running uLead Movie Factory 2 under Windows XP. AVI files produced by Avid Cinema in the desktop can be incorporated into Movie Factory 2 on the desktop using the “add video” facility but not on the laptop. How do I rectify this situation i.e. make MF2 in the laptop accept the AVI files produced by Avid Cinema in the desktop?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you Probably need to install the Avid DV Codec or what ever codec you used to make your Files in Avid....

3. scape

scape Member

Thanks. Trouble is because the laptop doesn't have a Matrox G400 video card installed the Matrox and Avid drivers will not install. No doubt the codec file is on the discs somewhere but I cannot find it. I'll just have to keep looking!!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you should have just asked...Here is the Avid DV Codec: h**p://dshow.narod.ru/video/Avid_2.0d2_codec.exe ...
    The Link is Really Really Slow so it might take a Little while to download, but if it takes to long message me with your e-mail and I"ll e-mail it to you...Cheers

PS: here is the Link for the "Matrox Codecs"
    http://dshow.narod.ru/mjpeg/Matrox_DV_MJPG_MPEG2_codecs_bundled.exe ...Because I think your Card captures to Mjpeg....If you don"t mind me asking what is the Quality like with the Matrox G400??? I have have seen them for $69 and was considering getting one if the Quality was OK......Cheers

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  5. scape

scape Member

Thanks again. Have downloaded those codecs and will let you know how I get on with them. I'm afraid the only yardstick I have for measuring the quality of the Matrox G400 card is the G400 card . I'm fairly new to this business, however I feel perfectly satisfied with it's quality. Having progressed from super8 cine film to digital video I think I'm in heaven really. Thanks again and kind regards.