1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AviSynth settings

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by DemonDog, Sep 19, 2005.

1. DemonDog

DemonDog Regular member

In DVDRebuilder Pro under, "Options, AVS Options, Advanced (Expert) Options, Set Decoder iDCT" you can optimize the program for your processor by selecting the appropriate option. Here's link.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/DGDecodeManual.html#AppendixC

As you can see in Appendix C (& B), SSE2 is the fastest and can only be used in Pentium 4 and Athlon 64 based chips.

2. UncasMS

UncasMS Regular member

and you think *encoder default* will not check the available cpu instructions and make the best possible choice accordingly?

3. DemonDog

DemonDog Regular member

I don't KNOW, do you? Since I know what the optimum is I'll check that box. For DVDRebuilder to choose the best option it would have to have a routine to recognize the various chips of AMD and Intel, which it may or may not have. Without such a routine the default would look to be MMX since that is compatible with all Intel & AMD cpu's.

4. UncasMS

UncasMS Regular member

i usually have idct set to *decoder default*

the last backup i did took 297 min for the encoding part

i used hc 016 latest release + profile best + matrix *autoq2* + avs filtering *undot + fluxsmooth*

now i switched from decoder default to sse2/mmx with identical settings to the previous conversion

encoding took 299 min this time

in both cases the conversions were done overnight with the pc untouched

cpu: athon64