1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoid dealings with PhixClothing at all costs

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gwendolin, Aug 18, 2006.

1. gnirdlog

gnirdlog Member

What's wierd is that quite a few people seem to have bought from them in the past and they've been fine - they were brilliant when I bought a jacket from them last year and that's why I didn't bother researching them before buying winklepickers from them this time! Wish I had done now, but never mind, hopefully tomorrow £45 will be finding it's way back into my account! Good luck

2. pricejef

pricejef Member

Yep seems they've lost it big time, looks like its back to Next and Burtons for us all(!)
    Hope it works out tomm

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Looks like old bad habbits NEVER die....good luck

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't know if it can apply to products bought outside of your country (country wide courier firms have track and trace),basicly if you pay a little extra the product that is shipped has a number attached to it which is scanned as soon as it is loaded into the van,then is automatically logged into a website whereby using the numbered code you can find out where it is,even the national post has track n trace for bigger parcels

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Dont waste your money, I can tell you where your order is for Nothing

It's still in their warehouse!!

6. gnirdlog

gnirdlog Member

It seems the only way to get your money back is to report them to paypal - once I'd started a claim, the only contact they made with me was to ask me to close the dispute so that they could "send a replacement" to the one "lost in the post", but once paypal started investigating them they didn't reply at all and I've now been refunded by paypal.

7. kazdkjd

kazdkjd Guest

Just to say thanks everyone. I bought a greenday jacket from them about two years ago with no problem and was just looking for their web address to buy a few more bits when I came across this forum. I will now find somewhere else to buy what I need. Good luck to you all in getting your money back, and thanks again.

8. lewis07

lewis07 Member

I bought two jackets from their a week ago now, it's not half as long as some of you'se waited, however, it does state 1-4 working days. My hopes are not very high after coming across this thread and am preparing myself for a long fiasco.

9. gnirdlog

gnirdlog Member

Just wondered if anyone else had received an email from Phix telling you all about their "great new items!"? I replied pointing out that it'll be a cold day in Hell before I think about buying anything from them and, lo and behold, the famous Caroline replies with
    "Hello,
    Why is that?
    Many Thanks
    Caroline Calderwood"
    I despair at some of the people in this world sometimes!

10. lewis07

lewis07 Member

she needs to fuckin sort it out. she's running business here and she can't even deliver the goods on time. i sometimes feel as if she's taking the piss.

11. gnirdlog

gnirdlog Member

I think she is and that's the point

12. lewis07

lewis07 Member

2 weeks now, still no sign of the gear.

13. gnirdlog

gnirdlog Member

Did you pay with paypal? If so you need to file a dispute asap if you want your money back.

14. lewis07

lewis07 Member

what they are doing must be illegal surely?

15. gnirdlog

gnirdlog Member

Interesting how they've managed to get such glowing testimonials on their site now... a pity they went so o.t.t. that they actually sound as fake as they are!

16. phixuk

phixuk Member

All of our problems were leading up to christmas when one of our main supplier let us down and we could not deliver customers orders.

We despatch hundreds of orders every week. We aren't just some small company, we send items all over the world and as I am sure you can appreciate sometimes orders can get lost in the post and sometimes particularly popular items can take a week to despatch if they are out of stock.

Are some people that naive that they think we would be able to run a business ripping people off. We are a legitimate company which is why on this thread we have only had about 4 complaints in the last 4 months.

If anyone else reads this who has an outstanding order we would prefer if you would just contact us so we can sort it out!!!! Thankyou and I hope everyone can stop spreading the hate, we are good people really.

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

time will tell but doubt it from what i've seen.

18. gnirdlog

gnirdlog Member

Strange then, that if they are such a reputable and legitimate company, that as soon as you file a complaint with paypal they ask you to drop it so they can "send the order again", but if you escalate it, still giving them plenty of time to respond and sort the problem, they just ignore you and then have to refund you. Doesn't seem like a good way to run a business now, does it!

19. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Hey Caroline, if you're reading this then

Where's my FREE jacket you said you had sent

That's NOTHING to be PROUD about!!!

20. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

It is a shame people on ebay are so worried about having a negative feedback that they would agree to mutually withdraw feedback. Sometimes you have to get a black eye but you can wear it as a badge of honor. For those people who find this site after getting hosed on ebay, you make it easy for them to rip off the next guy when you don't leave the feedback as a negative.

I think ebay is dropping the ball when they don't self-police. I would bet media attention would make keeping Phix clothing on ebay a liability rather than a cash cow. There has to be more sellers doing the same stuff and just as many customers that are pissed and looking for help. Recently MSN.com's money section had a flood of complaints about home depot, enough that the CEO wrote an apology here . Maybe this can be attempted with ebay. They have been doing a bunch of overhauling because they are in a stock slump. Can they afford a stinky situation like this now? 500k afterdawn techno-bastards emailing and refusing to pay fees?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007