1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoid dealings with PhixClothing at all costs

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gwendolin, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Bwoy

Bwoy Guest

Got my merch last week...

A year later, the order was placed Dec. 16 2006...I had given up hope, well, no I finally recived it...

But thats not all...The jacket I recived had clearly been used. Wich was disgusting since I found a used kleenex tissues in the pocket and some other trash...And some of the buttons on the jacket was attch with a simple needle...I had to wash the jacket several times before I could use it (the smell was unbearable)...

To sum up Phix Cloathing:

- Terrible service
    - Slow delivery
    - Poor merchandise

I can safe say I will never shop at Phix ever again...And I hope Phix will fix these problems...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  2. lukebass

lukebass Member

yes I am another that has been ripped off by Phix Clothing. paid for a jacket & got nothing. Caroline's email caroline@phixclothing.com has been deactivated I did get a phone number +44 1603 666 448

I have not got a reply from countless emails to all the email addresses I could find

Not impressed
    Luke

3. egor1

egor1 Member

I was planning on ordering a jacket from this phix clothing company. I was just about to take the plunge and place an order. I typed phix clothing into google, then i noticed a couple of links down a link to this thread. After reading everybodys stories im go glad I have not placed an order and will not do now. Anybody got any updates in regards to their orders they have placed?? Are this company just complete scammers?

I feel sorry for anybody that has lost any money I have been scammed before on other sites over the years

4. tkurss

tkurss Member

Hello,

Just to share experiences, I placed an order with 6 different items in the sum of approx 130 pounds on the 23rd of December 2007, which as of 7th Jan has not arrived. As small concerns started to emerge from seeing the "pending" stats every day, I googled the company and found this. Following the example of others, I sent them a mail expressing my concerns which was answered shortly after (hour or so). The message contained the following text:

"Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay you are experiencing on receiving your order. I shall contact our despatch team to find out what the situation with your order is and get it sent to you asap."

I personally do not feel this to be a con, just lackluster work conduct. The two week delay might be due to the holidays or since I ordered numerous things, so I am giving them a few days to clarify or get the box sent before I file a claim on PayPal. Will post once any developments have occured.

Best regards.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

2 weeks on.. any news?

6. tkurss

tkurss Member

Yes.

I mailed them again two days after that to ask if her inquiry yielded any results. Got a response shortly after that that the package would be sent on that same day. Pending switched to dispatched and it arrived this Monday. Havent looked over the goods as I live in another country that it was sent to, but as I heard, everything was there and in order.

So, all-in-all, if you count out the small anxiety from the 15pages of semi-negative response and the bigger than I expected delay, it is a good service with good products. Might even order again. :p

My advice to people with goods in Pending (for over two weeks or so) is to just mail them until results start to appear. Worked for me.

Should be it!

Best regards

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  7. tkurss

tkurss Member

Oh, and I dont work for them. :)

You'll just have to take my word for it.

8. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

So do you play Russian Roulette as a hobby as well? Why would you except a long delay and the chance you might get screwed?

9. tkurss

tkurss Member

No.

Onto the topic, I presume you are referring to my "...if you count out the small anxiety from the 15pages of semi-negative response and the bigger than I expected delay, it is a good service with..." sentence, yes?

If yes, then I am not sure if you understood me wrong or me you, since it is supposed to mean that it would be a great service if the failures that I have pointed out would NOT occur. But since they did, its not. I am fairly certain that my post did not indicate that I was expecting this kind of delays.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

That's good news.. It seems that they are getting on top of the situation at last. The UK postal service can be very slow sometimes..

It would be nice to be able to eventually close this all down with an "everybody happy" :)

11. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Maybe you were kidding?

12. tkurss

tkurss Member

No.

Anything else?

13. varnull

varnull Guest

I don't think jacsac has anything worthwhile to contribute, so we will ignore him.

If you are a happy (if delayed) customer then that's great. It would be good to chase up all the other people in this thread and see where they got with things.. so please people.. If you posted here about not receiving items ordered and paid for then report in and let everybody know how things worked out.. This thread is real one sided.

There is a lesson in this for online retailers.. You need to ensure you have good lines of communication with your customers, and be prepared to inform them if orders are going to be delayed for any reason.
    At a minimum ensure every and all emails are answered promptly with either explanation, details or options.. then everybody stays happy and this kind of very public criticism can be avoided.
    I think it is a good idea.. especially if selling across country borders to have a checkout system which requires a confirmation email link to be visited before any money transfer can be completed.. Then both buyer and seller know they have a possibility of communication...

Just my musings on where this all went wrong....

14. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

My contribution is reminding people not to support a company that doesn't care about it's customers. Why support a company who constantly has problems getting the customers what they paid for? When you do it just gives them the ability to screw more people. Have you read this entire thread? They tell their ebay customers to drop claims against them and then they will send them the product they ordered. Basically extortion. They only made it right with those that complained to save what little reputation they have, not because they actually care if you get your stuff. Why do customers even have to wait for them to make it right? Do it right the first time like most good businesses do.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  15. schoonee

schoonee Member

HERE HERE! I was a customer that experienced very poor service from Phix. Keep hassling them is really only the best shot you have of getting your goods.

16. varnull

varnull Guest

As a matter of fact I'm the person who has done a lot of research about this company.. down to checking that they are a registered business (which they didn't seem to be).

Remember the links to all the consumer advice TV and local trading standards? Me again..

If you have an outstanding complaint against the company I suggest you take it up with Breckland Trading Standards (address and website posted earlier)

I have followed this thread since Gwen first posted it, being a UK business owner selling my services online.

Now all I have seen you do here is bash somebody who was reporting actually receiving the goods.. delayed but they arrived. You do need to be careful.. unless you are directly involved.. i.e.. a customer who has been ripped off, had shoddy goods or items which are not as advertised, or have researched on behalf of others and have findings (or lack of) to report any opinions you may have from what you read can only be YOUR personal opinion..
    The thread needs clarifying.. Happy customers will not generally research a business.. they will have no cause to do so and will continue to do business happily with them.. It's only the upset ones who post on places like this.. so without knowing the numbers of total sales Phix are making, the number of complaints about non-received items or returns for refund.. we are in no position to judge the overall performance of the company.
    I would far rather try to help unhappy people with info about the UK trading laws (buyer beware) and prod Phix to resolve the outstanding complaints and improve the service than just bash them for what may be 0.01% of their total orders.

Mail order selling is notorious for items going astray.. In some cases it is dishonest customers themselves who claim to not receive an item when it arrived on time.. looking for a full refund and the goods.. I have had that one done to me on many occasions.. in one case the liar even listed the item for sale on ebay 4 days after forcing pay-pal to give a full refund.

There you have it.. they need to shake their act up..ebay need to take complaints about traders more seriously.. and you need to understand that just bashing a business (unless you are directly involved) can backfire. In the UK companies have recourse to equivalent slander and libel laws as individuals.

17. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=phixclothing&ref=home]

Toolhaus.org is a great way to find out all the negative, neutral, and mutually withdrawn feedback. As you can see by the way they operate, they will even give you a NPB to avoid taking responsibility for their mistakes.

I wasn't bashing the person with my comment either. My attempt at humor must have been misconstrued.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  18. ohgodno

ohgodno Member

after reading through all of this i think its pretty clear ive made a mistake using phixclothing.

i actually got part of my order like a month late a jacket which was so much bigger than the size i ordered, so i sent it back...

afew days later got a phone call saying it was damaged i know it wasn't i made sure it was in perfect condition before i sent it back.
    i now have asked for refunds on my other products (what a surprise no reply) and i didnt pay by paypal any advice?.

19. letsavits

letsavits Guest

Youv made me nervous now iv just paid 120 for a leather jacket from phix i orderedit on sterday il keep ye posted on how longit takes etc

20. stevebull

stevebull Member

Does anyone know whose Phix clothing supplier is?