1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoid dealings with PhixClothing at all costs

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gwendolin, Aug 18, 2006.

1. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Gwendolyn, is this an Ebay purchase? Is not every member of Ebay required to have a contact #? Gwendolyn, your son should have access to this.

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Ad...sop=1&fsoo=1&fcl=3&frpp=50&sofindtype=9&pfid=

Yes, it appears this company recently is no longer a registered member.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...03316688&frm=284&ssPageName=VIP:feedback:1:uk

If his paypal is credit card linked, he may be able to get his bank credit card company involved in trying to recoup his loss.

Good Luck!

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

All the negative feed back replies on E-bay say they don't reply to E-mails.

Bunch of complete & utter tossers......

3. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Just giving you some food for thought: I noticed that Phix Clothing's website is hosted by Alchemy Communications through webhost4life. Alchemy, in my experience, is a rather dodgy ISP. Many ISPs will shut down sites if there is any evidence of fraudulent activity by their customers. Alchemy sometimes doesn't. If you really want to pursue this, you could still try notifying them and, if they don't shut the site down, contact the California Attorney General (where Alchemy and their downstream, webhost4life, is located) and inform them that Alchemy/Webhost4life may be knowingly abetting fraud by allowing this site to continue running. California is pretty tough on that kind of thing and, at least, that'll make what Phix is doing a little harder and more expensive. Again, perhaps this is another remedy if Phix doesn't fix the situation on their own.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Well PayPal are about as usefull as an ashtray on a motorbike. They say as the dispute is over 45 days old (from time of purchase) I can "go whistle".....maybe I should have lodged a PayPal claim at the same time as I placed the order, or NOT allowed a reasonable time for postage from the UK to Aust.

I think that PayPal should be advised that the company appears to be "Dodgy" at best and withdraw their services, save them a lot of work within the 45 day period.

Stay Tuned.

5. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Sorry about spelling your name wrong Gwendolin. I agree, 45 days is not enough time for International transactions. I purchased a dvd from the US, I'm in Canada. It took well over 30 days. I can get in my car and drive to the place of origin in 2hrs, if I didn't have to take a ferry to the mainland. It was stuck in Customs all that time, and the postmark indicated the seller mailed the very same day. It got to Customs that night. Hopefully this may be the cause of your son's delay.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

This is why I don't like E-Bay - shoddy traders & PayPal (owned by E-Bay), seems like loads of people have problems here. I won't go anywhere near either of them.

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Latest update, I awoke this morning to find I had received a reply from Caroline, the reason given for non delivery was due to the fact they were out of stock, more is now in store and our order will be processed ASAP....now all we do is sit back and wait, it's a pity really as we only have 1 week of winter remaining.

Thanks once again for all contributions....I will advise as to final outcome.

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I am taking bets as to whether my son will receive his jacket, all money to be held by a "Trusted Mod" of course I will pick the winner.

9. phixuk

phixuk Member

Hello,

Thanks for your correspondence. Once again I am sorry someone did not inform you of the delay in despatching your item.

Your item was despatched yesterday and you should of received a confirmation e-mail telling you this.

As of 4th September we will be holding a greater stock of all jackets to avoid some customers having to wait for items to come back in stock.

I hope you son likes his jacket :)

Best Wishes
    Caroline Calderwood

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@phixuk, Yes Caroline I agree, if our emails were answered then there wouldnt be any concerns from our end. Looking forward to receipt of the jacket, he likes his first jacket, hence the purchase of this one. It is a pity that winter here in Australia is now ended as at this weekend.

11. Cater

Cater Member

Gwendolin

I have about the same problem as you. I ordered three jackets from Phix clothing last december for a whole of almost 150 Pounds(unfortunately on their website, not ebay) and received nothing. THis Caroline and some Allen confirmed several times that they had disposed my stuff (always on different dates!) but refused to give me any further information that could ave helped tracking the postage (in case it got lost). My fater, who happens to be a lawyer, sent them several letters and emails, but never got an answer. I was confused that you did get a jacket as at some point I assumed that the whole company was a hoax but it's definitely still really bad service. I have no idea what to do now but I can only advise people NOT to buy from PhixClothing. I wish you all the best that you'll be more lucky.

Caspar

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Cater, I know exactly how you feel, my son ordered his jacket from their web site as well, not from ebay. I am a trusting person by nature, Caroline has informed me that the jacket has been posted so I have to take her at her word, I certainly agree that communications between company and consumers can be improved, hence avoiding a lot of anxiety. As I have said before I will certainly advise the outcome, Cheers.

13. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Well no good news as yet. Funny thing, a pair of boots purcahsed from the USA were posted on saturday,26 August and they arrived today..maybe the mail service from the UK is a tad slower...still not convinced the jacket has even been posted....I shouldnt be so cynical ( if thats how it's spelt)

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I work for Royal Mail, generally we get blamed for pretty much all suppliers faults. Usually, they don't send the stuff & blame us.

15. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Pulsar, I'm leaning towards the jacket NOT being sent, despite the fact I got an email stating it[bold] WOULD[/bold] be sent nobody has advised me yet that it [bold]HAS[/bold] been sent. It's so hard to type an email and press send.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  16. Cater

Cater Member

I assume that you didn't get a delivery yet...

Unfortunately, this means that one should definitely avoid to buy from PhixClothing...perhaps some possible customers will be clever enough to google the name before they make contact with them, and read this.

Yours, Caspar

17. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Cater, As I hadnt received the jacket I decided to send another email asking it's status, I received a response saying that it had beed posted and should arrive here shortly. I can only take people at their word so until it arrives I will hold further comments, Cheers.

18. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

For those who are interested and assisted, well good news, it has arrived. Now I can say how I really feel....this sale was handled in an unprofessional matter and a lot of anxiety could have been avoided by a simple form of communication, which sadly was [bold]NON EXISTENT[/bold].
    I strongly believe that had I not posted on AD then my pleas for a response from the company concerned would have gone unanswered. My only advice to those thinking of purchasing from the said company is to tread weary and continue with a dialogue and dont let up until the product has been received. Had any of my employees failed in their duty as they have with this transaction then they would [bold]surely be repremanded[/bold]

19. abartkow

abartkow Member

Hello,
    I just signed up with afterdawn to reply to this forum. I spent all night trying to find a phone number for Phix Clothing because I have also had a problem communicating with the company. I've written almost a dozen emails since my purchase in Febuary, and haven't gotten a response. Gwendolin- I was wondering if you could at all send me Caroline's e-mail so that I might try to contact the company through her? I bought a jacket, quickly returned it within 30 days, and I'm out the price of a very expensive jacket, extra shipping charges, and an international phone card (with no phone number to call!) If anyone can help, e-mail me at [removed]. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  20. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@abartkow, I have sent you a PM containing the appropriate email address, good luck...keep us posted.