1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVStoDVD Audio Sync Problems

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bilvihur, Nov 25, 2011.

1. bilvihur

bilvihur Member

I began using AVStoDVD 2.4.0 when DVDFlick went kaput, and have had good results up to now. Recently, I DL'd an AVI movie (Silent Night 2002) which plays well in KMPlayer, but when I burned it with AVStoDVD, the audio was so far out of sync that the video was into the next scene. I hadn't made any changes from previous successful settings, so I'm at a loss as to what happened. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. PS - I just DL'd version 2.4.2 and will install later.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Don't know if it was the same download (717,840 KB, 23.976fps) but I used 2.4.1 on it with no problems.

3. bilvihur

bilvihur Member

Nope - different file. I've installed 2.4.2 of AVStoDVD, and will give it a spin.

4. bilvihur

bilvihur Member

Update on my original post:
    On careful viewing, the AVI file itself is out of sync.
    I found the Afterdawn Syncing Guide which suggested trying YAAI.
    YAAI failed with 80040241 (Media Player couldn't load source filter).
    I next tried AVIMUX GUI, but it wouldn't run. Both pgms don't seem to be supported anyway.
    Next, I dl'd VirtualDub v1.10.0, and with much trial and error adjusting millisecond delays in the Audio Interleaving, I got an acceptably sync'd AVI which played perfectly on KMPlayer.
    However, when I used AVStoDVD 2.4.2 to create a DVD from the new file, it found numerous audio problems, switched encoders, hung up for a while (in aften? I think), and the DVD it created was out of sync.
    I'm thinking there must be a better way to do this!

5. attar

attar Senior member

Have VirtualDub recompress the audio after adjusting the sync.
    Audio > Full Processing and select a compressor (probably have to install Lame MP3 encoder).
    Change Video to Direct stream copy and save file.

Then try again - or even the old FAVC (uses the same encoders as Avs2DVD - but no installation required).

6. bilvihur

bilvihur Member

attar - you're a genius! The new DVD plays in perfect sync after following your instructions. Thank you. I noticed that AVStoDVD took 3+ hours to complete (it usually burns DVDs from AVIs in less than an hour). 2 hours of the operation was audio encoding. Do you think this was because of the recompression? Once again - Thanks! Your audio syncing method is worthy of a new Afterdawn Guide.

7. attar

attar Senior member

Who knows.
    The audio was out of sync from the beginning and decompressing it then recompressing it at least gives Avs2DVD something to work with.